Home' South Florida Gay News : SFGN 010318 Contents 1.3.2018 • 3
Enough is Enough
Get relief. Pure and simple. Ask your doctor about Mytesi.
• Is the only medicine FDA-approved to relieve diarrhea in people with HIV
• Treats diarrhea differently by normalizing the flow of water in the GI tract
• Has the same or fewer side effects as placebo in clinical studies
• Comes from a tree sustainably harvested in the Amazon Rainforest
What is Mytesi?
Mytesi is a prescription medicine that helps relieve symptoms of diarrhea not caused by
an infection (noninfectious) in adults living with HIV/AIDS on antiretroviral therapy (ART).
Important Safety Information
Mytesi is not approved to treat infectious diarrhea (diarrhea caused by bacteria, a virus,
or a parasite). Before starting you on Mytesi, your healthcare provider will first be sure that
you do not have infectious diarrhea. Otherwise, there is a risk you would not receive the right
medicine and your infection could get worse. In clinical studies, the most common side effects
that occurred more often than with placebo were upper respiratory tract (sinus, nose, and throat)
infection (5.7%), bronchitis (3.9%), cough (3.5%), flatulence (3.1%), and increased bilirubin (3.1%).
RELIEF, PURE AND SIMPLE
In adults with HIV on ART who have diarrhea not caused by an infection
Please see complete Prescribing Information at Mytesi.com.
IMPORTANT PATIENT INFORMATION
This is only a summary. See complete Prescribing Information at
Mytesi.com or by calling 1-844-722-8256. This does not take the place
of talking with your doctor about your medical condition or treatment.
What Is Mytesi?
Mytesi is a prescription medicine used to improve symptoms of
noninfectious diarrhea (diarrhea not caused by a bacterial, viral, or
parasitic infection) in adults living with HIV/AIDS on ART.
Do Not Take Mytesi if you have diarrhea caused by an infection. Before
you start Mytesi, your doctor and you should make sure your diarrhea is
not caused by an infection (such as bacteria, virus, or parasite).
Possible Side Effects of Mytesi Include:
• Upper respiratory tract infection (sinus, nose, and throat infection)
• Bronchitis (swelling in the tubes that carry air to and from your lungs)
• Flatulence (gas)
• Increased bilirubin (a waste product when red blood cells break down)
For a full list of side effects, please talk to your doctor. Tell your doctor if
you have any side effect that bothers you or does not go away.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of
prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or
call 1-800 -FDA-1088.
Should I Take Mytesi If I Am:
Pregnant or Planning to Become Pregnant?
• Studies in animals show that Mytesi could harm an unborn baby or
affect the ability to become pregnant
• There are no studies in pregnant women taking Mytesi
• This drug should only be used during pregnancy if clearly needed
A Nursing Mother?
• It is not known whether Mytesi is passed through human breast milk
• If you are nursing, you should tell your doctor before starting Mytesi
• Your doctor will help you to decide whether to stop nursing or to stop
Under 18 or Over 65 Years of Age?
• Mytesi has not been studied in children under 18 years of age
• Mytesi studies did not include many people over the age of 65. So it is
not clear if this age group will respond differently. Talk to your doctor to
find out if Mytesi is right for you
What Should I Know About Taking Mytesi
With Other Medicines?
If you are taking any prescription or over-the-counter medicine, herbal
supplements, or vitamins, tell your doctor before starting Mytesi.
What If I Have More Questions About Mytesi?
For more information, please see the full Prescribing Information at
Mytesi.com or speak to your doctor or pharmacist.
To report side effects or make a product complaint or for additional
information, call 1-844-722-8256.
Manufactured by Patheon, Inc.
for Napo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. San Francisco, CA 94105
Copyright © Napo Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Mytesi comes from the Croton lechleri tree harvested
in South America.
Tired of planning your life around diarrhea?
For Copay Savings Card and
Patient Assistance, see Mytesi.com
Links Archive SFGN 122717 SFGN 011018 Navigation Previous Page Next Page